The Tiger Heron Tour is a Two-day / One-night tour at the Passo da Lontra Parque Hotel along the banks of the Miranda River beside the Estrada Parque Road in the Southern Pantanal. It is 8 km from Buraco das Piranhas along the Estrada Parque Road and can be reached from the gateway cities of Corumba, Bonito, and Campo Grande, Mato Grosso do Sul. While it is located in the municipality of Corumba, it is 125 km away from the urban area of the city.
This tour offers
The Tour includes:
- Transfer to Buraco das Piranhas from Campo Grande, Bonito or Corumba where you will meet your English-speaking guide.
- Motorboat Trip on the Miranda and Red Rivers
- Nocturnal spotlighting by motorboat
- Photographic Safari to São João Ranch along the Estrada Parque Road for day-use
- Horseback riding at São João Ranch
- Hiking along the trails at Fazenda São João
- Shared transfer onwards to Campo Grande, Bonito or Corumba to your hostel, hotel, airport or bus terminal.
The price does not include:
- Ice cream
- Items of a personal nature
- Refreshments during transfers
- A private guide: You will join a group of up to eight participants. In the case that you are arriving with several other people, a private guide can be arranged for your group at an additional cost but must be arranged in advance.
- *In the case that you are arriving by your own vehicle, there is a discount; however, you may be responsible for your own transport along the Estrada Parque Road, in which case the photo safari may not be included.
Your English-speaking guide will determine the order of activities. The itinerary may be adjusted in the case of weather conditions beyond the control of the lodge. You will not have access to the internet at São João Lodge, try to do your onward planning in advance. The cost is per person, not per room.
More detailed arrival information is available for those embarking from: